Clearing is a way of getting the internal chatter that your mind makes up out of your head. Mind chatter is made up of senseless worry and fear, and it is often at the root of crankiness.
Clearing can take on many forms:
- Write down everything that is racing around in your head and bogging you down, and I mean everything. Once you've got everything out of your head and on paper, wad the paper up and throw it away.
- Call up a friend and ask permission to say what is go on with you, with the understanding that they aren’t supposed to fix anything. They are just the receiver of the information… there is nothing to fix. They are simply a safe place to get rid of your mind chatter.
- Us a "Trouble Tree", a place you designate to leave all of the stuff that happened during your day outside of your house before you walk in and be with you family.
- Build an imaginary box where you use mental visualization to deposit all the stuff that has you feeling cranky.
- Clearing can even take the form of physical exercise. Think about how great it feels to lift weights or participate in a really hard work out when you are cranky. This is the type of exhilaration and mental (and physical) relief that clearing can provide!
The very best way to move beyond crankiness, whether we’re talking about a mental clearing or a physical release of negative energy, is clearing! So to any cranky people out there, you now have a great tool with which to dissolve your cranky ways, and if you choose not to use them you’ve made a choice to stay cranky.
Now that doesn’t feel so great, does it? Why not choose instead to clear when you find yourself being someone you don’t want to be! Remember: You have a choice in how your life turns out; you have a choice to be happy or cranky. Which are you going to choose?