24 Feb / 2017
You don’t have to look very far to find someone waiting, but waiting for what? Waiting for spring, waiting for their economic situation to improve, waiting for graduation day, waiting for a new job opportunity, waiting to have more physical energy, waiting for people to wake up, waiting… waiting… waiting! Ugh!
Now, I’m not a very good “waiter” – patience isn’t a virtue I have. At times, that lack of patience has probably gotten me in some trouble. However, most of the time the unstoppable urge I have to move forward is a gift; it serves me well, and being in action can serve you well too!
18 Feb / 2017
We all know people who appear to have it all. The people who have a smile on their face and an upbeat attitude no matter what is going on in the world around them. They love what they do, they have a great family, life is good, and they always have a kind word to say. But, how do they do it?
They are Unstoppable!
- They know what they want, and they are 100% committed to getting it.
- They know that there is more power in a hug than a fist.
- They love life.
- They refuse to be stopped by any circumstance.
- They know the value of asking for help.
- They have teams that support them everywhere.
- They are clear about what is most important to them.
Being unstoppable, refusing to be stuck in the muck-and-mire of life, is like playing a mental game of chess. We are either in the game, recognizing when we aren’t and are willing to do something about it, or we’re not! And, if “not” is where you find yourself, okay, but I ask you to reconsider. You see, life is all about having fun, stepping out, being visible, and playing full out no matter what the world has to say about it! So, give it a chance… I dare you!
Remember: You are the only person who has a say in how your life turns out!
What do you say?
14 Feb / 2017
With just a little more than a month of wintertime officially yet to go, many people are finding that the season has taken its toll. Some may have slacked off on their commitment to exercise and others may have used the cold, dark winter nights as an excuse to bury themselves in their work at night, simply because “there isn’t anything else to do.” Over the course of several months, the roots of these habits grow deep.
So, rather than wait for spring, how about we do some weeding now?
07 Feb / 2017
How many times have you not walked a certain way to your office because you wanted to avoid someone? How many times have you avoided having a particular conversation because you simply did not want to deal with a circumstance or issue? We’ve all done it, but avoidance in most cases is nothing more than a quick fix. It is a band-aid that eventually comes loose. When a problem, issue, or circumstance is so big that you run away from it, chances are it isn’t going to just go away on its own!
When you resort to avoidance, what’s really got you? Fear! Yes, fear is real, but since it lives in our heads we do have the power to overcome it.
Instead of avoiding what distresses you, step out of your comfort zone and choose to face it head on. Change who you choose to be, how you react, and how you choose to behave in the face of any number of circumstances!
31 Jan / 2017
- Stop making yourself wrong for what you haven’t done. Beating yourself up is a natural tendency we all have, but it has no value in getting you back in line with your goals for the new year.
- Read your plan, and take particular note of who is on your team. You need a team of people holding you accountable for making the changes you desire. If you don't have a team, keeping your resolutions and reaching your goals is going to be much harder to accomplish. Remember: If you could reach your goals by yourself, you would have reached them already. So, the bottom-line is you have to ask for help and be willing to be held accountable for doing what you say you are going to do!
- Finally, maintain an unstoppable mindset. Don't allow anything to get in the way of accomplishing your goal. Those who are most successful and happy in life are unstoppable in their own behalf. They get things done when others say they can’t. They move people when others say they can’t be moved and see what other people don’t see. The movers and shakers in this world do what others can’t or won’t do! One way of highlighting these features is to never give up… to be unstoppable!
In the end, getting any New Year resolution back on track is about forgiveness (of yourself), team, and being unstoppably committed! So, which do you choose – to wallow and question: “Why me?” or to be on track, determined, and successful in getting what you say you want in 2017? It is up to you. Remember: You are the only person who has a say in how your life turns out!